Friday, December 2, 2011

A Lazy Day

I've been trying to think what we actually did today -- and I'm having a hard time! I think the only thing that stands out at all is watching our new neighbor unhitching and getting his motor home set up all by himself. We thought he was single, but, sure enough, after he had everything set up, plugged in etc., out came his lady friend (wife?) to take a walk. Most of our RVing friends function pretty much as a team, doing what needs to be done. (Though sometimes, one or the other just supervises...) I guess some people pretty much divide tasks up as inside/hers and outside/his.

We did do all of our bill-paying today. It's so nice to be able to do it all on-line. And I did the first-of-the-month filter-changing on our Brita pitcher and water bottles (actually the filters on the water bottles last two months). Forry did his monthly battery water check. The usual routine stuff.

Forry is NOT a big fan of left-overs, so I have been really working to make meals that are just enough. This afternoon I made a beef stew. I added one parsnip, two small turnips, one yam, and two sticks of celery to the braised meat. I baked four biscuits (from the frozen bag in the freezer). It turned out to be just enough for one bowl each! It's taken me a long time to get out of the "farm wife" mentality of "filling the pot" when I cook...




No comments:

Post a Comment