Sunday, December 25, 2011

Iglesia Cristiana Ebenezer

A VERY BLESSED CHRISTMAS TO YOU!

Juanita Nunez, one of my colleagues on the Executive Board of Mennonite Church USA, co-pastors with her husband Eligio, Iglesia Cristiana Ebenezer, a Mennonite Church in Apopco, Florida. This morning we were able to join them for their Sunday School and the Children's Nativity Program. While my grasp of Spanish is minimal, I am still able to "sort of" follow along, especially when I know the topic under discussion. It was good to see and visit with Juanita at her home church, and especially nice to meet her husband, son, daughter-in-law and darling baby grandson.

Like all such programs, the Children's Nativity Program was delightful. One of the young girls -- perhaps eight years old -- sang a very impressive solo. So sweet, dressed in her angel costume holding the microphone like a pro.

After a trip home to change clothes and pick up the crab cocktail and cranberry relish that I had made last night as our contribution to Christmas dinner, we headed over to Bill and Leslie's. Then we went to the home of Leslie's parents for our Christmas feast. We had both ham and a turkey loaf with all of the fixings. A bit later, Leslie's brother John came with his wife Eunice and their darling little daughter Isabella complete with tutu! Of course, Auntie Leslie just had to add the Mickey hat and ears...


 Leslie has been giving both Forry and Bill a bad time about their resemblance -- at times -- to Grumpy of the Seven Dwarfs. (Bill has a couple of Grumpy t-shirts...) and she found Forry the most delightful mug. I do think there is a certain resemblance?


I think it is just darling!

I got treated even nicer. Leslie had ordered me another bottle of the Mexican Lime Olive Oil from Arizona after she discovered mine was almost empty and that I was hoarding the last drops!

No comments:

Post a Comment