Friday, February 3, 2012

And Now I Have a New Toy!

While we were at Camping World yesterday, we picked up the folding trike that they did not have in stock when Forrest bought his folding bicycle. We're not sure where we're going to put it when we travel, but she fit into the back of Toad for the trip home.


While the trike folds pretty much in the middle, the back wheels don't move, so that's the width we have to work with --


Forry got her unfolded --


Then he took the seat off to adjust and tighten it --


And here she (she hasn't told me her name yet...) sits in all her glory --


I took a few turns around our section of the parking lot to get used to her short-coupled quick turns, while Forry kept adjusting the height of the seat and the handlebars until I was comfortable. Then he got his bike and we went for an extended ride around the RV park. This park is very much the home of three-wheeled trikes. While most of the parks we go to have lots of golf carts, I haven't seen any here. But, there are lots and lots of trikes!

I'm not sure when I started thinking I wanted a trike instead of my bike (did I take one too many tumbles?), but I have been thinking about it for a while. What made it nice was that I had gotten a 10% off coupon in a Camping World email last week. It was almost enough to cover the cost of the Product Protection...

1 comment:

  1. I love how you give your vehicles gender! I do that, too! We both are starting to need a little help getting around, so maybe a trike would fill that need.

    ReplyDelete