Thursday, February 16, 2012

Kathy's Korner Nursery

Ever since we met our RVing friend Leslie, she has talked about her aunt's nursery in Florida. Today we met them in St. Petersburg and got to visit Kathy's Korner Nursery. It is a spectacular sight as you drive up as the entire front is covered with huge pots of Bougainvilleas. To me, this is the flower that symbolizes the south. I was captivated the first time I saw them in California and Mexico where they spill down adobe walls and look wonderful. I only discovered recently that the colorful "flowers" are actually leaves (similar to that of poinsettias). The real flower is that tiny white speck in the middle of the display.









I never knew they came in so many gorgeous colors! This is the front of the nursery from across the street showing the colorful display.


I have lots more pictures of the plants at the nursery, but I'll share them another day. The one thing I didn't get is a picture of Kathy -- she is VERY camera shy!

1 comment:

  1. Kathy is her nursery and the nursery is Kathy so in essence you got lots of photos of her.

    ReplyDelete