Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Today in N Fort Myers

We spent the day at home today. I've discovered that the rear basket on my trike is quite handy. This morning I took the garbage and the recyclables (Yeah! Sun Seekers recycles!) over to the dumpster area. Then I rode over to the office and picked up the box of mail at the office and tossed it in the basket while I took a few turns around the park. It was already in the 80s and because of yesterday's rain, it was HUMID! I was dripping wet when I got back to Auntie Violet. We've been running the fans in the RV with all of the windows open and it's actually quite comfortable inside.

We spent some time paying bills and dealing with the paperwork -- including school levy ballots -- generated by the arrival of the mail. There were several magazines and periodicals in the mail, so we enjoyed just taking time to read. Plus I've been reading a couple of good Laura Cardinal mysteries on my Kindle. 

Toward evening (after a nap) we went out together for another ride. This time we went up and down all of the roads in the park. It was almost sunset -- it stays light now until after six -- and it was much pleasanter riding. We went long enough that I could really feel it in my knees and thighs. That's good, I guess.

The weather forecast for today had been for occasional showers with thunderstorms this evening. We didn't get any rain here, but you could see the big thunderheads off in the distance --
 .

 It made for a rather nice sunset here at the park as we look west over some of the more permanent structures --


No comments:

Post a Comment