Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Another Rainy Day...

Sure am glad we went to Cooperstown yesterday! Today has been grey and overcast with intermittent bouts of rain. As we listened to the weather forecasts this afternoon, we realized that we may get a lot more rain yet tonight. The weatherman actually said that New York is behind as far as rainfall goes this year, but you sure wouldn't know it going by how saturated the ground is. Even a station wagon driving across the grassy area this afternoon left some pretty good ruts in the grass.

Our thermometer says the humidity is 60%, so the clothes I washed today aren't drying very fast. Usually I can have most of the laundry folded and put away by late afternoon. But it may be tomorrow morning before I can do that.

I spent a few hours today putting together some birthday cards and an anniversary card for our oldest daughter and her husband. Our friends Leslie and Bill introduced us to Send Out Cards, which are a blessing for folks on the road like us. You can either use some of their standard templates -- birthday, sympathy, anniversary, etc. -- or use your own pictures and make your own cards or postcards. The real neat thing about it is that they make up the card, print it, put a stamp on it and mail it! We've had fun using some of my pictures as postcards.

The other thing I really like is always having access to the RIGHT card, especially sympathy and get well cards without having to go shopping. I've always kept a box of cards on hand, but never seemed to have what I needed or enough. Then it usually meant a trip to find a post office as well.

I bought some yarn while we were in Cooperstown yesterday, so today I started knitting a scarf. I wanted something fairly easy that wouldn't require too much thinking. But, as usual, I picked out a pattern that requires attention! It's been a while since I've done any knitting, so it took me a bit to get the pattern figured out. I only had to rip out my start once, so it's not been too bad.


1 comment:

  1. Char –

    We are so glad you like using SendOutCards, and appreciate the kind words. If any of your readers would like to learn more about SendOutCards they can go to www.sendoutcards.com/inspiration-falls where they can watch a video about company and service and also send a free card to someone. They can also contact us directly at bill@inspiration-falls.com

    Thanks again
    -Bill

    ReplyDelete