Saturday, June 2, 2012

A Day to Recuperate...

After several intense days of sight-seeing and traveling, we were ready for a quiet day today. I was really tired last night and was in bed by 9:30, only to be awakened several times during the night by the very intense and loud rainfall.

We saw on the news tonight that there had been several tornadoes along the east coast as well as flooding from all of the rain. I guess I shouldn't be complaining about just the rain waking me up!

I don't think either one of us stepped outside of Auntie Violet today. I've done several loads of laundry and still have to put clean sheets on the bed.

I've been reading a most interesting book on my Kindle, Skywalker -- Close Encounters on the Appalachian Trail. I was intrigued in the beginning by his description of that section of the Trail we walked on last week -- that bridge across the Shanandoah River into Maryland. Our son-in-law Todd walked a large section of the Pacific Crest Trail last year. Our other son-in-law Scott had joined him for a portion of the trip and I had enjoyed their stories about their experiences.

We did watch a great Mariners game this afternoon. It took them twelve innings, but they finally beat the White Sox.

No comments:

Post a Comment