Sunday, July 29, 2012

The Yellow Taxi

We have spent some fun hours in the Yellow Taxi named Sunny over the last couple of years. With the folding chaise chairs, the spare suitcases, my folding trike, case of oil, etc., there is no excess space in the Toad. In fact, it's been a long time since the back seats have even been folded up. Our friends Leslie and Bill, on the other hand, always seem to have room for us in their rig and we end up riding with them.

This morning we took the Yellow Taxi to the Village Inn nearby for a fabulous brunch. They have a special breakfast that is sort of like a Chinese Menu. They have four columns of food listed and you choose four items from the long lists for breakfast. Forry ended up with an omelet plus pork sausages plus a biscuit and gravy AND pancakes! I shouldn't talk as I had my 2 eggs over easy, bacon, french toast and cinnamon apples... Leslie and Bill did as well, though I think Bill had sausage instead of bacon.


Leslie had to work this afternoon, so Forry and Bill made a trip to Lowes while I stayed home and enjoyed the quiet. Leslie worked from 2 until 9, so I fixed some snacks late this afternoon for me and the guys, then Bill barbecued a marinated flank steak for supper when she got back to the campground (which is just adjacent to Adventureland Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment