Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Gelatin Plans & Old Age?

There's a saying among RVers about plans -- the idea is that they should only be made in gelatin as they seem to get changed so often. That's exactly what happened to us today. We had stayed last night at one of the Cummins NW's RV spaces as it had gotten late. We just didn't want to continue on down to the ranch.

Then this morning, we had a couple of errands to run in downtown Spokane. The folks at Cummins NW told us we were welcome to leave Auntie Violet there while we did our running around. So that's what we did. When we headed back, we discussed whether we really wanted to go down to the ranch today since we don't really need to be there until towards the end of next week. We talked about it a bit more than decided we would instead go to stay at an RV Park in Cheney where we had stayed back in 2007 when we first started full-timing.

Rather than hook up the Toad, I just followed Forry in Auntie Violet over to Peaceful Pines RV Park. By four PM, we were all settled in and just being lazy.

At a little before 7 PM, I got a phone call from friends wanting to know where we were and if we were on our way. I had totally spaced a dinner invitation! Of course, we were a good hour and a half away! I don't know when I've been so embarrassed and ashamed of myself...

I'd blame old age, but...

No comments:

Post a Comment