Monday, September 24, 2012

I Think It's Monday?

I really think we need to get one of those clocks that tell you the day of the week. I have
quite a time keeping the days straight since I retired. I do know we went to church yesterday, so I'm pretty sure it is Monday -- even though I could swear it was Tuesday.

I took this picture late this afternoon when we got home from an afternoon in Spokane. The clouds were just beginning to get a pink tinge in preparation for sunset --


While I was gone, Forry took the Toad into the Jeep dealer to have some work done. It had been making a funny noise that made us a little nervous. Forry was concerned we might have a U-Joint going bad, but it turned out to be a problem with the brakes. We now have new brakes and calipers all around, plus they rotated the tires.

Forry paid the bill -- some 761 dollars, then headed back to Ponderosa Falls to wait for my plane to come in at 8 PM. He was almost here when he got a rather frantic call from the bookkeeper at the Jeep dealer. She told him she had only charged the 61 dollar portion on the credit card slip! He says he hadn't really looked at the slip, had only looked over the invoice. So that was our task today, to go back out to the dealership (which is way out in the Spokane Valley) and sign another charge slip. I think the ladies in the billing department were VERY glad to see Forry walk in!

From there it was a trip to Costco. It was late enough in the afternoon that Forry could have one of their Polish dogs for supper. I swear, that man thinks their dogs are the height of gourmet food! I really like Costco, but I dislike coming home and repackaging the meat I bought to put it in the freezer. Today I bought a pack of four sirloin tip pork roasts as well as a three pound pack of hamburger. They all had to be cut apart from the bulk packaging, then double bagged in freezer bags. The bulk packs of kleenex and toilet paper can await another day for me to find niches to stash them in...

No comments:

Post a Comment