Saturday, September 22, 2012

Once Again, Home Again

We worked through lunch today finishing up the Executive Board agenda, so that we could get done early. We were scheduled to adjourn at 3 PM, but managed to do all of our work by 1:30. Several of us had flights that didn't leave until four or five, so we had time to sit and have a late  lunch at the airport together.

Going through security at the Kansas City airport went fairly easily even though the pat-downs due to my knees seem to get more invasive every time I fly. The KC to Denver flight passengers had all checked in far enough ahead of time that the pilots decided to go ahead and take off fifteen minutes early! Their home base evidently was Denver and the crew was anxious to get home for the weekend.

Though the Denver to Spokane flight left right on time, but managed to land in Spokane twenty minutes early! I called Forry, who had planned to wait in the cell phone parking lot for me, when we landed and he was just leaving Auntie Violet. Fortunately Ponderosa Falls RV Park is fairly close to the airport, so by the time I walked out the of the concourse and out the door, I only had to wait a few minutes for him.

We made a spot at the truck stop near the RV park and ate a quick supper at the Iron Skillet. My, it is nice to be back home -- I'm looking forward to sleeping in my own bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment