Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Tuesday = Frustration

I set aside today to print the items on the docket for the Mennonite Church USA Executive Board meeting which will be in Kansas City, Missouri starting Thursday noon and running through Saturday noon.

First of all, I find it very irritating that they send them in an FTP format which means a VERY large file and takes forever to download. Then all the documents have to be unzipped before they can be read or printed. I had about a third of them finished when the printer ran low on ink. No problem, I had made sure I had new cartridges. Loaded the ink cartridges and was instructed by the screen to align cartridges. Again nothing new nor unexpected.

BUT, the next screen said "Alignment FAILED". I redid it, same thing. Removed and re-installed both cartridges, same thing. I went through all of the suggestions on the printer halp page, same message! Next suggestion was to check warranty status for service. And, of course, the warranty on my new printer had expired on August 30th!

So Plan B. Prepare to take my mini-computer, which I hadn't planned to do. That meant digging it out of storage; installing all the updates that had accrued since it was last used several months ago; charging the battery. And then I had to re-download all those FTP files to this computer.

It really aggravates me that the Quick Transfer application between computers only works on 32 bit machines -- and of course, my ASUS laptop is 64 bit!

To make matters even worse, since the printer doesn't work, I can't even download my boarding pass for tomorrow's flight. ARRGH!

No comments:

Post a Comment