Friday, May 8, 2015

A Journey to Ritzville

I was waiting for my order of small cookie sheets (that fit into my small oven) that were supposed to be delivered before 8 PM tonight, so told Forry I couldn't/wouldn't go down to Ritzville with him to pick up his wheat check. BUT, I got an email about ten AM that my order had been delivered, so I walked down to the office to pick it up. There was no one around when I got there, but as I was turning back around I saw the manager's dog, Dorry. When I spoke to her, she started barking. Almost immediately, the manager, Dan, showed up. He said he could always hear the dog bark, even when he didn't hear the bell. So I got my packages.

Then, of course, I had no reason not to want to keep Forry company while he drove the 60+ miles to Ritzville and back again. So that's what we did. (I did get a soft ice cream cone as a thank you for riding along.) We even made it back to Spokane in time to deposit his wheat check at the bank - which stays open until six on Fridays!


No comments:

Post a Comment