Saturday, May 23, 2015

Up Early for Breakfast

I rolled over this morning after I looked at the clock and went back to sleep. After all it was only six o'clock and we weren't meeting Leslie and Bill until 9:30 for breakfast. The next time I woke up it was 8:30 and we had to hustle to get ready to go!

I had been wanting to check out the Mirabeau Hotel with its MAX Restaurant for the past couple of years. It had been built after we left Spokane to go full-time and I had heard it was quite nice.

Leslie and Bill's bright yellow Rubicon was already there when we arrived and they were waiting for us. They also had a friend with them that Leslie had met on one of her half-marathons. She and the lady with purple hair had bonded as they walked the last of it.

It was a lovely, warm morning and MAX had breakfast tables set up outside on their patio. They have an incredible menu which we all enjoyed. I had a Dungeness Crab Benedict while Forry had his usual biscuits and gravy. The food was delicious, but I think I was a bit full from our feast last night and couldn't finish it all.

Leslie and Bill were going to make a stop at Riverfront Park to check out the Red Wagon in the park, then head out on their trip to South Dakota to renew their licenses. We headed back to the RV where we watched the last of the Mariners game as they beat the Blue Jays and I started on the laundry.

No comments:

Post a Comment