Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Errands

We ended up running a couple of quick errands this afternoon. It had evidently gotten quite warm inside the motor home while we were gone last weekend. The glue holding the velcro in place on the back of our key holder actually melted enough to drop the board it is mounted to off of the wall. I know I have some more of the heavy-duty Command velcro somewhere in the rig. The trouble is, I gave it to Forry -- and who knows where he has stashed it.

So we made a quick trip over to Lowes and I bought some of their Scotch brand. It's not velcro, but their own version of interlocking strips. It might be overkill, but I bought the package that said it would hold ten pounds.

From there we went over to Costco, which was packed! I went back to the pharmacy department and picked up the bottle of Vitamin E I was looking for. When I had passed by the check-out stands I realized that they were 8 and 10 people deep waiting. I took a chance and asked at the pharmacy counter if I could pay for the vitamins there. The clerk laughed and commented that "Didn't I want to wait in line a half hour?" We both laughed, I paid and I was able to quickly by-pass the gauntlet of people and get back out the door.

We had a couple of hours of very steady rain this morning, but ended up with sunshine this evening. There is  unstable air all around the country it seems with lots of thunderstorms and tornadoes,

No comments:

Post a Comment