Friday, July 31, 2015

A Long Hot Day

Wouldn't you know it, the day we were scheduled to leave, is the day the heat came back! I was up early to drain the tanks and start the process, but by the time we were ready to go, it was 96 degrees. We stopped at the Flying J on the other side of Spokane to get diesel. It's one of the older stations and my card didn't activate the pump. When I went inside, the guys looked at the card and then asked what I was going to pay with? I told him that card (the Flying J/Good Sam card). He looked skeptical, but ran it through his machine and looked pretty surprised at the result, but turned on the pump. At $171 later, I went back inside to get the receipt. The clerk was looking at the slip - which showed the 8 cent per gallon discount - and said, "this is a pretty good card to have!" Evidently, they don't get many RVers there.

Three hours later, we pulled into Sister Sherry's farmstead near Touchet. If you think it was hot when we left Spokane, you wouldn't believe how hot it was while we were setting up. By the time, we got everything hooked up we were exhausted! Sherry was a sweetheart and brought us supper. I think we were in bed before the sun went down!

No comments:

Post a Comment