Monday, July 13, 2015

Grocery Day

i'm not real sure why I put off getting groceries for so long. I just couldn't get the energy to do it when it was so terribly hot. That and it was the end of the month and there were more days than dollars?

Anyway, we had pretty well cleaned out both the freezer and the refrigerator, so I finally bit the bullet and we went over to Fred Meyer. Forry got an electric cart and we were on our way. One thing I really like about FM is that it is as much a department store as a grocer. We've been using one of my sofa pillows to add heighth to Forry's recliner, so I went shopping for some new pillows today. I found a couple of nice ones, unfortunately they're not washable...

With Forry's additions, I really filled my grocery cart. I even got a luscious looking Hermiston cantaloupe. It's one thing to get it all paid for and then loaded into the car, but another to get home and haul it all inside - and then put it all away! I was absolutely exhausted by this point. It took several breaks and a bottle of water and some Skittles to get the job done. I miss my partner! I'll be so glad when he can lift again!

No comments:

Post a Comment