Thursday, July 2, 2015

Out to Dinner

Forry and I had our first dinner out since his surgery tonight. My dear friend Helen, a former AHEC colleague, and her husband Jerry invited us over for dinner. Jerry put some marinated tri-tip steaks on the grill that were really delicious. I had brought a Caesar salad and Helen added a three bean salad and some toasted bread. Everything was oh-so-good and the company was even better! Then we had some of Jerry's home-grown raspberries and ice cream for dessert! Awesome taste of summer.

Forry was extremely tired when we got back home a little after ten. I'll admit I was too, as I am not used to driving after dark.

The Physical Therapist was here earlier this afternoon and after reviewing Forry's progress, she decided it was time to discharge him. There will be no more in-person visits, but he did promise her he would continue with his exercises.

It was another very good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment