Sunday, May 13, 2012

A Day At Home

We had big plans for today, but when I woke up this morning, all I wanted to do was go back to sleep! Forry had gotten up and taken his shower, but he laid back down and went back to sleep as well. I think we just had too big a day yesterday!

Happy Mother's Day!


With neither of our mothers still living, the day seems quite different than it did when they were both still with us. To me, Forry's mother was my Mother-in-Love and I still miss her. I lived next door to her for over thirty years and the most irritating thing she ever did was to feed her grand-children candy before dinner! I am not sure that I would have survived raising an autistic son without her there for relief and support.

My joy now on Mother's Day is watching our two daughters in their role as mothers. While they have diametrically different parenting styles, they are both managing to raise the world's most delightfully wonderful grand-children.

May God's richest blessings be on all mothers everywhere today and every day!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment