Friday, May 4, 2012

Out of Florida -- At LAST!

We've done it! We've finally left Florida! We drove up I-95 to the Georgia state line, then exited at Exit 1 to pick up a Georgia State map. Here's Auntie Violet sitting in the parking lot at the Georgia Welcome Station --


It's a pretty nice welcome area, the people were nice, but not nearly as helpful as I had hoped. We had heard that the Tall Ships were in the Savannah Harbor this weekend, but when I asked about it, the lady sort of waved at the wall across the way and said, "I think there's something over there."


We have reservations for three nights at the Biltmore Gardens RV park outside of Savannah. We'll drive into town in the morning and take the Trolley Tour of the city. I understand you can hop off near the waterfront and see the Tall Ships.

It was HOT when we got here this afternoon and the air was deathly still. We both got a bit overheated getting the rig set up and the slides out. We actually turned on BOTH air conditioners and just sat for a while to recover. The lady that runs the RV park had lots of information about Savannah about the Tall Ships that are here this weekend. I'm looking forward to seeing them tomorrow -- I just hope there is a bit of a breeze!

No comments:

Post a Comment