Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Company for Dinner

I bought a stuffed pork roast at Costco that just begged to be shared with company, so we invited Juni and Tom over to share it with us. It was stuffed with apple sausage dressing and was really good. I fixed butternut squash with some honey, butter and nutmeg that went well with the garlic mashed potatoes and green salad that Juni brought over. We ate really well to night --

 

I have been hungry for a cherry pie the last few weeks and had bought some cans of cherries in order to make one. I decided that I would make a pie for our dinner. As I opened the first can of cherries, I noticed that the juice was awfully dark. Then I looked again and realized I had a can of bing cherries, NOT pie cherries! The picture on the can looked just like regular sour cherries unless you looked really closely. At that point, I wasn't sure what to do, so decided to just go ahead and make the pie out of the sweet cherries. I added a little less sugar than I normally would, but made the rest as I normally do.

The pie actually turned out pretty well. I thought it was a bit too sweet, but Forry really liked it. Tom agreed with me, thinking it needed some lemon juice to make it a bit more tart. Juni agreed with Forry and thought it was quite good.

Not sure what Forry was thinking about when I took this picture -- maybe he just ate too much?






No comments:

Post a Comment