Wednesday, December 26, 2012

The Day After...

The day after Christmas is always such a funny day. It's sort of a let-down after all of the excitement and hype around Christmas. My late Sister-in-law Pearl's birthday was the 26th of December. We tried a couple of times to have a special celebration of her birthday, but it never seemed to quite gel.

My Sister Roxy's birthday is the 15th and our Daughter Dawn's is the 16th. Because they are before Christmas, it's easier to celebrate their birthdays. As a kid I was always a bit jealous of Roxy's big birthday presents as the folks often combined her birthday and Christmas presents in one. I discovered later in life that she often felt cheated as she only got one present - albeit a big one - instead of separate birthday and Christmas ones...

Today was a quiet day for us. I was in bed last night and asleep before ten PM, but I slept around the clock! I had gotten up once very early to visit the bathroom, but went right back to sleep. I can't believe I was that tired! My knees are still excruciatingly sore, so I have not been doing much moving around.

Forry got me an iPad for Christmas and I have been playing with all of the things that it can do. I've started playing "Words With Friends" which I am really enjoying. I had tried it before on my iPhone and didn't like it at all. The game on the iPad is big enough to easily see and I'm finding it much more fun. I've also been reading more books on the iPad than on my Kindle. It's a bit lighter and easier to use.

I did spend a little time on the computer this afternoon, getting some bookwork done and ordering some medications. We mostly ate leftovers today. We had pie for breakfast, then the last of the crab cocktail, and then ham sandwiches for supper. It was a good day.

1 comment:

  1. Don't you just love your iPad? I've had mine for 2 1/2 years, the first one to come out, and I'm on it constantly, except when I'm on my big Mac. Mine doesn't have the camera. Hope you enjoy yours!

    ReplyDelete