Wednesday, May 22, 2013

A Birthday and A Trip to Aberdeen

May is always a busy month of celebrations for us. First it's my birthday, then Mother's Day, then our anniversary and now today is Forrest's birthday. He's seventy-four years young today. And we still have Grandson Micah's birthday to go next Monday. And that's just our immediate family -- we seem to have lots of friends who are "May Babies" as well. Indeed it's a very busy month!

It was another rainy, drippy day today. But at least we are parked pretty much out in the open here at Travel Inn RV Park, so it isn't so terribly dark.

We were badly in need of bread and milk and orange juice, so drove over to the Safeway in Aberdeen. (It has a gas station and we had gas discounts to use up before the end of the month!) My, what a busy store. It sure had nice produce and bakery sections. I even bought a chocolate cupcake for Forry's birthday along with lots of licorice in anticipation of family card games this weekend perhaps...

On our way home, Forry's cell phone rang and he was treated to a Happy Birthday serenade from Daughter Mary Mae and her family. We're sure looking forward to seeing them this weekend!

When we got home, I fixed green salads while the potatoes were baking. I used our Foreman grill to broil a rib steak for us to share. I'm glad yesterday's mail included a new supply of bourbon smoked salt -- we sure like it on our steak. I also ordered some bourbon smoked pepper and some bourbon smoked paprika that I'm looking forward to trying.

Brother-in-law Rich sent a note this morning saying that he had checked out putting a 30 amp electrical receptacle in his shop so that we could park Auntie Violet at his and Sister Roxy's place. We'll move over there tomorrow and help get ready for the mini-family reunion that is rumored to be happening there this weekend.

2 comments:

  1. We also visited that Safeway in Aberdeen! And we toured through the park in Elma, though we've never stayed there. More in common — May babies! Me, my son, and my 2 granddaughters. I used to have a May wedding anniversary, also. Great month! Oh, and Keith is about to turn 74!

    ReplyDelete