Monday, May 27, 2013

And Suddenly It's Quiet

It was pretty quiet when I got over to Sister Roxy's this morning. There were not too many of the thirteen of us awake. Son-in-law Scotty soon had Claire involved in his learning the dialogue for his next play. (They both will be in Shakespeare productions this summer.) We had an opportunity last night to watch the video of Claire's "Rock Around the Clock" class musical.


Daughter Dawn made two rhubarb (yuck) pies for her father's birthday present. While I did make huevos rancheros for breakfast, there was a lot more interest in having a pie of rhubarb pie and ice cream!

It took a bit of coaxing to round them all up, but I finally got a picture of all five of our grandchildren together. Left to right that's Claire, Kyra, Micah (who turned 12 today), Havela and Varick. Varick and Claire are Mary Mae and Scott's children, while Havela, Kyra and Micah belong to Dawn and Todd.


Due to the fact that our daughters and their spouses are still in the employment age, and the children are all still in school, the weekend had to come to an end and they all headed home this afternoon. It suddenly was very, very quiet around here.

Roxy and I sort of looked at each other and when I suggested we go out for pizza, she was quick to agree. Rich's daughter Teresa joined us at Farrelli's Pizza and we got a chance to visit with her as well.

I took a few pictures of Roxy and Rich's beautiful yard when we got back this evening:


Unfortunately for me, her peas weren't far enough along to snitch --

 

I really do like their wisteria!


1 comment:

  1. I have to agree with on the pies, rhubarb has never been one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete