Saturday, May 25, 2013

Sisters & Aunties & Cousins, Oh My!

What a lovely day I have had! I had a hard time getting myself bestirred this morning, but finally got things going. I went over to Sister Roxy's and made omelets out of the little bit of crab we had left from last night. So good!

We started our cooking preparations for the weekend. I made the crab pasta salad, Roxy made a potato salad and a couple of batches of brownies. We thought we'd get as much as possible done ahead.

Rosy and I went into Olympia to the Tea Lady store and sampled a couple of kinds of tea. She got one from Africa that had cranberries and oranges -- sort of verry berry flavored.

We hadn't been back at the house very long before Daughter Mary Mae and Son-in-law Scott arrived with our grand-children Claire and Varick. And not too long after that our Cousin Cass arrived! Such fun to have this impromptu mini-family gathering. Daughter Dawn and her family will be here late tomorrow afternoon.

Rich barbecued some chicken breasts, we added salads, pickles, olives and wine and had quite a feast tonight. After dinner the guys watched the Mariners game while a very rowdy card game went on next door. Granddaughter Claire is going to sleep on Auntie Violet's couch tonight, so the two of us have come over to the RV early. Tomorrow should be another fun day!

No comments:

Post a Comment