Saturday, May 4, 2013

A Lovely Natal Day


It was a good day today. We didn't get up all that early, but it was still early enough to watch the Mariners beat Toronto for the second game in a row. It was a really good game with good pitchers (though Toronto's knuckleballer didn't fare so well.).

Then this afternoon, we watched the Kentucky Derby. It was especially interesting this year, as we had been at Churchill Downs during our Eastern swing last year. I do know that the track we stepped out on was no where near the muddy mess the track was today! The winner, Orb, was so muddy from coming from behind that they led him away to be hosed off before they covered him with the blanket of red roses.

Then for a perfect ending to a lovely day, we went to the Olive Garden where we met my Navajo friend Tina, her daughter Delcherie and granddaughter Kaili. I see Tina every few months at Executive Board meetings, but we had not seen Delcherie and Kaili for almost two years. I had brought an early reading Berenstein Bears book for Kaili and was very impressed with how well she is reading. (She had read 111 pages before we were finished with dinner!)

It was so fun to read birthday greetings all day from friends and family on Facebook. I talked on the phone with or had messages from all of my siblings as well as my daughter and son and several of my nieces and a nephew.
 
It must have been beautiful all over the west today. Everyone I talked to remarked about what a lovely sunny warm day it was. After such a long and not-very-nice winter and spring, it seems like everyone is ready for some nice weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment