Friday, May 3, 2013

A Catch-up Day

Sometimes you just have to stop and take care of stuff. It's that time of year for graduations (our granddaughter and our tenant's youngest son), there's a new baby on the way (our Godson and his wife), and a wedding in the offing (a good friend's son). Even though we won't be back to the NW in time, I had picked up a baby shower gift when I was out shopping with Juni last week. I also picked up a graduation card for Tyler.

Today was also the day to pay the bills. Most of them get paid with the computer, but I had one for seed for the CRP (Conservation Reserve Program) ground that had to be sent by mail. A copy of that bill also needed to be sent to the FSA (Farm Service Agency) in Adams County in order for cost share to be paid.

All of which meant a trip to the local Post Office in Bloomfield. I needed to get one of those stretchy envelopes for the shower gift. I was organized enough to take the address and a marking pen with me, so it all actually went pretty fast. And the PO lady was so very cheerful and pleasant! There was only one other person in line, so I was in and out very quickly.

The Mariners were playing in Toronto tonight, so with the time difference, we got home just in time to watch the game. Felix Hernandez pitched a great eight innings -- so fun to watch!

No comments:

Post a Comment