Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Finally, Arizona!

It was another gorgeous WARM morning today. We didn't get a very early start. When I went to take a picture of Auntie Violet, I noticed that the TV satellite was only part way down. I had blown a fuse this morning when I turned on my curling iron (to get my bangs out of my eyes) and then went to make a cup of coffee in the Keurig. You cannot do that when you're only plugged into 30 amp power!

The satellite dish was halfway through its "put down" cycle when the power went out, so I had to completely recycle it -- put it up, let it locate the satellites, then shut it down again. And of course, I had already disconnected the power, so had to reconnect it as well. 
 

Sierra Trails RV Park is an interesting place. There are several sites inside the wall for more permanent guests, but the overnight sites are in the back outside. These sites are all pull-throughs and at $13.50 a night (Passport America rate), they are a bargain.


We were definitely in the beginning of the Mojave Desert -- there were even a few Joshua Trees on the horizon. You could sure tell this part of California is still suffering from drought. They got none of the monsoon rains that fell in Arizona.


 I tried to get a shot of the Welcome to Arizona sign, but I missed most of it!


Because of our late start this morning, it got late this evening before we got to our night's stop at Blake Ranch RV Park and Horse Motel. We saw this pretty sky as we drove east --


But looking out the back window, we could see this!


It was dark by the time we got to the RV park, it was NOT fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment