Saturday, November 9, 2013

Back to Fountain Hills

Since we mostly visited with our friends Colleen and Dennis at the Fountain Hills Arts and Crafts Show yesterday, we decided to go back again today earlier in the afternoon so that we could make a few purchases. I had seen a really neat hummingbird feeder that used little cups instead of a large container for sugar water. When I get it unwrapped and up tomorrow, I'll get a picture to post.

I also hadn't had a chance to roam through the other booths. I left Forry visiting with Dennis while I went looking. I saw a lot of very nice things that I might have been tempted by if I had the room of a stix and brix house. There was some pretty incredible furniture, both wood and leather. I did find a women who had some very interesting cloth dolls. Some of them were pretty pricey, but I found a darling beanbag doll in the back that I can sit atop our CD cabinet.

One has to be careful. Everytime we mentioned liking something In Dennis and Colleen's booth, we ended up being gifted with it! Dennis' theory is that if their friends and family are wearing their jewelry, they are walking advertisements. I did persuade Colleen to let me buy a little sugar bowl wind chime...

After the show closed down, we ended up going out for dinner at an upscale Mexican restaurant near the place we had eaten last night. (It definitely had no Latino staff nor customers!) The food was good and it was quiet enough to spend some time telling stories with each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment