Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Playing With the Moon

We had a full moon a couple of nights ago. I took the camera outside to try and see what I could get in the way of pictures. It was a lovely bright full moon as it rose --


There's a mesquite tree a few sites over from us. I wanted to get a picture of the moon framed by the tree, but I ended up with one just looking through the tree...


This is more what I had in mind. I kind of like this one, but I wanted a bit more of the tree actually on the moon --


For some reason, this one seems sort of creepy...


I'm using my Canon 1560 at its full 35x optical zoom. I suppose if I was truly serious about something like this, I'd set up Forry's tripod for stability instead of just bracing myself on Auntie Violet or Toad II.

We had a pretty quiet day today. Forry rode the trike over to the office to check for mail, but otherwise we spent most of the day inside reading and doing Sudoku.

No comments:

Post a Comment