Sunday, November 17, 2013

The Hummingbird

This is the hummingbird feeder we bought at the Street Fair in Fountain Hills last week. I sort of thought that even no hummingbirds found it, it's kind of a neat outdoor decoration...


 I gave up trying to get a picture of the little bird through the front window and went and sat outside for a while this afternoon --


The light is not striking him right for you to see the bright fuschia feathers under his chin. That dark spot is actually quite bright.


The sugar containers are actually little plastic lidded cups with a hole in the lid, that hold maybe a couple of tablespoons of sugar water --


You can see a hint of color on the back of his head in this shot --


I have a sky filter on my camera -- I wonder if that affects the color as well?

Most of these pictures show the little guy on the right hand cup, but believe me, he was drinking from both of them! We drove slowly around the whole park this afternoon when we went over to Fort McDowell and didn't see another feeder anywhere. How in the world did this little guy find ours??!!

1 comment: