Saturday, November 30, 2013

The Last Day in November

Now, that's a hard one to believe! How in the world did it get to be the last day of November already? I know I turned the page over on the calendar just a couple of days ago... I used to chuckle at my Mother-in-law when she would remark about how fast the time flew by. Now I know exactly what she meant.

It was another nice warm (82 degrees) day today. I guess we'd best be enjoying it as the weather forecast seems to be saying that the jet stream is going to be bringing arctic air down this way early next week. Those people who are into skiing, snowboarding and snowmobiling are happy. I understand there has been lots of snow in the mountains all through the west and the ski resorts are all open. It seems like a lifetime ago when we spent so much time on snowmobiles with our kids. We had four of the crazy things and spent a lot of time at Camp Camrec and in the mountains with them. We even went to Yellowstone Park one winter with Flying Farmer friends. I think part of the fun was having warm clothes and boots -- the only way to enjoy the cold.

Forry and I were talking yesterday about what an interesting life we have led. Although there are still places on my bucket list that I would like to see or do, the list of what we have done is much longer. As Sister Sherry says, memories keep us warm during cold times.

No comments:

Post a Comment