Tuesday, July 7, 2009

And Yet Another Trip to Spokane...

The 90 miles between the ranch and Spokane are getting longer every trip! Though, for me the trip today turned out pretty nice. The new lens for our glasses were in and when I called Sarah, I was able to get in this afternoon for a bang trim.

For Forry, it was another story. He wasn't in at the dermatologist's office very long, but the doctor sure worked him over! He has bandages on both elbows and one knee. Sounds like the doc is trying a couple of different strategies on his persistent psoriasis.

I broke down this time and got the photo gray lenses which I have been resisting for years. But it has gotten to be such a hassle to keep switching between my regular glasses and my sun glasses. I seem to be perpetually misplacing my glass case! So far I'm not to pleased with the new lens for driving though. With the tinted glass on the Jeep windshield they do not get as dark as my sun glasses did -- there was definitely more glare.

And I even convinced Forry that we did NOT have to go to lunch at Costco for $1.50 polish dogs! We shared a great albacore tuna sandwich at the Rocket Bakery up on 18th by Manito Park. It's the only place I know of that makes as good a cherry pie as I do -- you can actually see and taste the cherries instead of that awfull canned filling stuff!

We were back at the ranch by 4:30 and I started back at work on the stacked up laundry. The pile in the hallway is beginning to look less intimidating...

1 comment:

  1. ah, the famous costco dog!! Good switch tho...tuna sandwich sounds yum-o!

    ReplyDelete