Tuesday, July 21, 2009

HOT!

It was 102 degrees Fahrenheit when we left the ranch this noon to head for dentist appointments in Moses Lake. The really nice thing about getting our teeth cleaned is that my niece Becky is the dental hygienist! She's such a sweetheart! (not that I'm at all prejudiced...)

It's not been a real good week. I had gotten a steroid shot in my back before I left to go to camp knowing that it would be sore for a day or two, but then it should be great and I could walk without pain again. (I've been getting the shots every six-eight months for a couple of years.) NOT this time! I had to resort to finding some heavy duty pain meds left from my knee surgeries almost four years ago... When I finally got a hold of my doctor (we had played telephone tag last week as there is no cell phone reception at Camp Camrec), he said he had reviewed both the recent C Arm X-rays and the original MRI and is beginning to think that there has been enough change that he'd like to have one of the surgeons look at them and get a second opinion re possible surgery...

Not what I wanted to hear! Sister Sherry had given me a purple cane when we were visiting her earlier (to wade through the dogs when they all crowd around) and I've been putting it to use.

Naturally I am cranky 'cause it hurts and my crankiness is greatly increased by my inability to access the internet at the ranch! I miss keeping track of people's blogs and Facebook comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment