Thursday, July 9, 2009

Sunsets and rabbits and Kindles...



It's been sporadically cloudy with lots of thunderheads building all around us, but we haven't had any measurable rain. It has made for some gorgeous sunsets.
I'm not sure if there is only one, but we've had the cutest little rabbit hanging around Auntie Violet the last several days. He thinks we can't see him if he's behind the clumps of grass. He holds very still as we walk by him -- I'm sure he thinks he is invisible.

I went up to the top of the hill this afternoon to see if I could get reception on my new Kindle DX, but no luck. I drove a few miles further to a hill overlooking the freeway (there now is wireless capability along all of the freeways!) and it worked! I was able to download a couple of the new Mercedes Lackey books as well as a copy of The Fixer Upper that I had almost bought at the airport in Columbus last week. It was very quick. When you rotate the Kindle, the text automatically moves from vertical to horizontal. It makes for a nice change as you're holding it and reading. I did sit out in the sun for a while when I came back and it was just as easy to read in the bright light as it was inside the motorhome. I think I may really like the thing...!

2 comments:

  1. so can you read the kindle @ the motor home? Once the books are downloaded, you can read it anywhere I'm assuming?
    The rabbits are starting to come back to my folks place also. They've seen their first rabbits since the fire a month or so ago. Thankfully a lot of her flowers are established well enough that there is enough to share w/ the occasional wascally wabbit!

    ReplyDelete