Wednesday, May 19, 2010

A Day For Comfort Food

The sun was shining when I got up this morning, but by eleven o'clock the clouds were moving in. They never really went away, just kept coming through and dropping off RAIN and MORE RAIN!


Poor Son-in-law Todd was trying to finish the new patio in the back of the house on his day off. He'd get started and then it would began to pour; he'd come inside to work on the new sewer line under the house and it would taper off; he'd go back outside and get a few bricks cut and it would start to rain... And so it went most of the day.


We went over to Zion at noon for their last soup lunch of the winter. Shirley had made a wonderful homemade chicken soup -- it tasted just like what I can remember my Grandmother Kubik's tasting like when I was a little kid.


It was such a dreary day that I decided to make meatloaf and baked potatoes for dinner. I was spending the day at Daughter Dawn's house doing laundry (things like the bedspread and blanket are just too big for my little washer/dryer in the motorhome to handle). With some fresh asparagus, it made for a great meal on a chilly evening. Dawn didn't get home from her next-to-the-last day of clinicals until late and I think she was happy to not have to think about fixing dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment