Saturday, May 8, 2010

Idaho Mennonite World Relief Festival

"I DANCED IN THE MORNING WHEN THE WORLD WAS BEGUN," is embroidered underneath the dancers on this fun wall hanging I bought at the Idaho Mennonite World Relief Festival auction this afternoon. It's made from some batik fabric with metal stars and moon cut-outs. The maker, Anne Hausrath, evidently is quite a mover and shaker in the Boise area. Our mutual friend Janet says I would "really like her" and that she'll tell Anne about me as well.





I'm not at all sure where I am going to put it as there is really no empty wall space in Auntie Violet. I may hang it over the TV set that sits catty-corner in the bedroom since we never watch TV in there anyway...

We got back over to the Nazarene College Church where the sale was held a little after nine this morning and got into line for breakfast with Janny and Jerry. I don't know if there has ever been a SLOWER moving line! This is the first time they've tried to prepare breakfast for the sale and they had no idea how many people might show up. They were serving bacon, scrambled eggs and toasted rolls with apple butter and sausage gravy on them. Janny, who is a cook for the local school district, said that she could have had 400 children fed in the time it took them to serve 2 or 3! But, when we got there, the food was really good. Except they ran out of sausage gravy by the time J & J got through the line (there was only one other couple between them and us).

I had a chance to have a good visit with our former PNMC Conference Pastor Larry Hauder at the finance table and ended up helping him for an hour or so when the crush for bidding cards and silent auction payments got a little too busy. It was sort of fun to see how many of the Idaho folks I have met over the years and some who served on the PNMC Board with me.

I would have been a good opportunity for anyone looking for gorgeous quilts to pick some up for a VERY good price. While a couple went for $1000, and several were in the 600-700 dollar category, many very nice ones went for just a few hundred dollars.

No comments:

Post a Comment