Saturday, May 22, 2010

How Does My Garden Grow?

Back in the beginning when I first started this blog (December of 2008) I shared some pictures of my AeroGarden. It has traveled along with us ever since offering us herbs for cooking and even one session where it grew little yellow tomatoes. A couple of weeks ago, I replanted it again with herbs.




It the rear on the right is dill and in the front is curly leaf parsley, neither of which I have grown before in the AeroGarden. The other plant is basil, which I know from experience grows VERY well. I am looking forward to being able to use them to liven up our meals in the next few weeks.



Today was a special day as it is Forry's 71st birthday. We started the day off with some homemade poppy seed muffins, then went out to dinner tonight at PF Chang's. It was a wonderful dinner with two of the grandkids (Havala is off to Drift Creek Camp for a work weekend with the youth group from church.) and Dawn and Todd.

Grandson Micah has been in the dog house a bit ever since we arrived about the state of his bedroom. He keeps being sent to clean it, but ends up playing with his Legos or something else instead. So this afternoon, he and Grammy tackled it. Two garbage sacks later, we got the job done! I had forgotten what little boy's rooms can be like! And there are all of those darn little Lego parts that have to be picked up before you can even think about vacuuming...

Trouble is Grand daughter Kyra now thinks maybe Grammy could help her too?

No comments:

Post a Comment