Sunday, July 24, 2011

AHEC!

AHEC stands for Area Health Education Center, a part of Washington State University Extension Service, and is where I spent the last nineteen years of my professional career.  I did end up as the Director of the agency the last couple of years I was there.  I worked with some great people.  We have been getting together every summer since I retired -- sort of a mini-reunion.  The first couple of years we met a a restaurant for lunch and talked the afternoon away.  The last two years, we have been invited to homes, primarily to enable both spouses and the delightful children of AHECers to attend.


In the picture below are the two littlest charmers, Elly on the left with her mom Kaarin and Addy on the right with her mom Bonnie.  Both of them have been born since I retired.  They are wearing the tutu skirts I found for them to go along with their new books...


The bashful one on the right is the delightful Tessa with her sister and Mom and Dad.  I was lucky enough to still be in Spokane when she arrived.  She is a bright little girl, whose comments (repeated by Mom on Facebook) bring many chuckles to my day.


I realized last evening when I was looking at my pictures that I had not gotten pictures of any of the grown-ups at the gathering!  We were meeting at Helen and Jerry's home for a delicious BBQ.  Along with Bonnie, Helen and Kaarin, Steven and Cathi and their spouses were also able to join us. A few of the other AHECers were traveling over the weekend and we missed seeing them, but the rest of us had a delightful time.  Such fun to catch up on everyone's new grand-babies, aging parents, retirement joys, and career advancements!  We talked the afternoon and evening away!

1 comment:

  1. Lovely tutus! I find that I don't maage to get ay pictures of my adult children when I visit them ......children are more fun!

    Thanks for stopping by the kampground!

    ReplyDelete