Saturday, July 9, 2011

The Yellow Taxi

Today we finished the last half day of the Pittsburgh 2011 Convention. We finished up the last Delegate session at noon and I quickly hiked back to the hotel. Forry had finished up our packing (I had packed most of my stuff before I left for the Convention Center) and was in our room with Leslie and Bill waiting for me.



Bill and Leslie's Rubicon Sunny was parked in front of the hotel, so we quickly loaded our stuff in the back. We ended up going to a place called Matt and Erma's for lunch -- luscious hamburgers. They were so good after eating cafeteria style food all week!


We are staying at a Microtel Motel for this next week that I found through Priceline.com (with Leslie's coaching). It is about a twenty minute drive from where they are camped at Raccoon Creek State Park. Bill dropped us off at the motel for an hour's nap before they returned and we went back to Serenity (their RV) for barbecued steak and corn. Bill built a fire and we sat around outside watching fireflies as it got dark. We finished off the evening with strawberry and blueberry shortcake.

No comments:

Post a Comment