Saturday, October 10, 2015

Over the Mountains

I've said before that the Ellensburg KOA is one of our favorite stops. It's just a pretty little campground, right along the Yakima River. The turning leaves make it especially pretty this time of year.

This is the tree between us and the campsites along the river. The robins have been enjoying the dropping fruit in large flocks -


I love the colors of this one -


While this one is completely yellow -


It was a foggy misty morning as we headed down I-90 towards the west -


Snoqualmie Pass was pretty well socked in -


But it rapidly cleared off on the other side -


By the time we cut across on Hwy 18, then dropped onto I-5 going south bound, it had begun to rain. We stopped at the Pilot Station in Tumwater and it POURED! I was drenched by the time I went into the office and back to the rig. It tapered off a bit as we went on, but when we arrived at Midway RV in Centralia it let loose again! The clerk in the office loaned us her large umbrella to use while we unhooked Toad II as the only site they had left when I called yesterday was a back-in.

The rain let up a bit while we got the water and electric connected and we even saw a bit of sunshine. But it is raining hard again this evening and I think the forecast says it will rain most of the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment