Wednesday, June 10, 2009

A Bi-Annual Appointment with Shears!

Today was a big day -- we went to Spokane to get our twice-a-year haircuts! I called Sarah (who has cut my hair for more than 25 years!) on Monday to see if we could get an appointment within the next month or so, knowing how busy she always is. To my surprise, she said she had just had a cancellation and could we be there at 2 PM on Wednesday?

So I got my bangs realigned (I've been trimming them myself after being VERY disappointed in the couple of trims I had gotten on the road) and the split ends trimmed off the rest. I had to chuckle as Sarah said she had been quite appalled when I said I was going to acquiese to Forry's desire for long hair when I retired, but now realizes she actually likes it long and without a permanent.

She cut a good three inches off of Forry's hair. I think she could have cut off again as much and he still would have had long hair... But, she really likes his curls...

We had gotten to Spokane early enough to meet Cherie (our massage therapist when we lived in Spokane) for lunch at Maggie's on the South Hill. She had crab cakes, Forry had a Reuben and I had a Crab Louie salad. The food was wonderful, BUT the conversation was even better. It was good to catch up on her life and all of the trips she has made with her partner. We'd probably still be there talking if we hadn't had hair appointments and she hadn't had to get back to work!

And we got home in time to go to Pastor Terry and Jerilee's for supper. He had barbecued steaks. Yum! And again we had a great time just visiting until all of a sudden we realized it was almost ten PM!

No comments:

Post a Comment