Monday, June 15, 2009

A Visit From My Brother...

We had a nice surprise this afternoon when my Brother Pat stopped by for a short visit. I almost missed him as I was almost on my way over to Diane's for water aerobics. If I hadn't been running a bit late, I would have missed him entirely! Pat had been checking some fields in the area, so stopped by for a visit and a cold drink. It was really good to see him -- and not just because I have the handsomest brother ever! Pat has a birthday coming up on Thursday, but he doesn't look old enough to be a grandpa, even though he has one grandbaby now and one on the way.

After I got back from Diane's (where we had a really good workout), we headed for Spokane to pick up medications from the Group Health pharmacy that we had run out of -- and didn't have time to wait for them in the mail before we left for Sister Sherry's tomorrow.

We got caught in a couple of heavy rain showers while we were in Spokane. Thankfully I had my purple umbrella in the car! Since it was almost six, we decided to go to Wild Sage for dinner. I had a cup of braised tomato soup that was delicious. Forry decided to have the halibut that was their special tonight while I had the duck breast. It was served with risotto covered with a warm spinach, bacon and pine nut salad. Absolutely scrumtious! Forry's fish was served with finger potato salad. We decided to split a piece of coconut cream cake for dessert. It was served with a little bowl of whipped cream floating on a lake of pureed passion fruit. The tart puree was a great accompaniment and contrast to the sweet coconut mousse-filled cake. The guys at the table next to us commented that it was the prettiest presentation that they had ever seen.

PS Got a phone call from Daughter Mary Mae this afternoon saying my Kindle had arrived! Now I have to figure out when I'm going to get to her house to pick it up...

No comments:

Post a Comment