Friday, June 5, 2009

Slumber Party

I couldn't get on line last night and I was too tired to drive back up on the hill to see if I could get better reception...

It was good to spend the night with Phyl and have a chance to visit -- and to see how she was actually doing. We went to the Menno Women in Mission meeting out at church in time for the meeting and lunch. Regan had prepared a commemorative book for Phyl with pictures of our gathering a few weeks ago and a really neat poem she had written. (The ladies decided to give me four of the comforters they had made for the next new home owners in Dulzura after I had told them how pleased the recipients were with the two that we had from Oregon.) After we had returned to Moses Lake, Phyl's Son Curt and Grandson Peter came into town in the late afternoon and started putting some adaptive hand-holds and grab bars up to help make it easier for her to get around.

Forry and I went to get groceries, stopping at Chico's to pick up a pizza that we took back and shared with Vic and Phyl. Vic's overnight at the apnea clinic in Wenatchee seems to have gone well, but he'll have to wait for his doctor's appointment to get any results.

This morning Forry and I headed for the airport in Spokane where I was supposed to catch an 11:25 flight to Chicago for an Executive Director Search Committee meeting tomorrow. I got violently ill on the way and made a decision that I was in NO condition to fly. I'm just glad I didn't wait until I was on the plane to get sick! It was a fairly short-lived thing -- at least I hope I'm over it! I will try to participate somewhat in the meeting tomorrow by conference call.

As a result, I certainly didn't get anything accomplished today -- except for several long naps!

No comments:

Post a Comment