Thursday, June 25, 2009

Laundry, laundry, laundry!

This is actually yeaterday's post. I absolutely could not access the internet last night!*%*##


I spent most of the day dealing with laundry. I don't like drying most of our clothes in the dryer, so by the time I'm finished, Auntie Violet begins to look like the old-fashioned Chinese laundry with clothes hanging from every possilbe spot. Since it looks like we may be staying here at the ranch for an extended spell, maybe I can get Forry to put up a clothesline?
The following are pictures of Russian Knapweed, which is the main noxious weed Forry has been spraying for years on our CRP (Conservation Reserve Program) acres. It's a nasty one that spreads underground and is a VERY persistent perennial! When Forry's dad Ernie, first saw it, he took a sample into the Extension Service. They told him not to worry about it, it would "NEVER spread in this country"!!!



I'd like to have the dollars spent on spray -- to say nothing of the hours -- spent trying to eradicate it!

No comments:

Post a Comment