Thursday, August 27, 2009

Another Day in Spokane

On the way up to Spokane this morning, it dawned on me that I had had an automatic update on my computer the evening before I again started having trouble getting hooked up to the Internet. So tonight after I got home, I unsuccessfully went through all of the "debugging" tricks I know -- nothing worked. The Cradlepoint connection from the computer was fine, but something was not allowing connection to the Internet. Then Forry reminded me that the last time this happened we had shut EVERYTHING down by shutting off the power at the power strip that everything is connected to. Voila! We're back!

We had to be up to the city early this morning because the lady who scheduled tomorrow's appointment for the CAT scan wanted a more recent creatinine result than the one I had in May. So went to the lab first thing this morning and got my blood drawn, then over to Rockwood to meet with Forry's doctor. Good news, his test for cancer was negative!

Since I had been fasting for the blood test, we went over to Maggie's on the South Hill for an early lunch. We each had a cup of wonderful squash soup -- if I'd have known how good it was going to be, I'd have had a bowl instead of my Crab Louie Salad! Forry had crab cakes, then we celebrated his good news by sharing a piece of brownie mousse cake.

We spent part of the afternoon at our attorney's. It was time again to look at and update our wills, Living Wills, and power of attorneys. Randy scolded us a bit because we admitted that our daughters probably had no idea who our attorney was! Gave us business cards with strict instructions to send them each one! Funny how you never think about little things like that...

No comments:

Post a Comment