Saturday, August 29, 2009

Weird Weather

It's interesting to listen to the weather forecasts and predictions as the broadcasters try to make sense out of what is happening. One day we're having record heat waves; then a cold front; they say we're back to normal; then it's very hot again; then it's thunderstorms possible. Nine times out of ten, they're not right or they're a day or two off with their predictions. When we used to fly, there was a saying among pilots that "they send the weather guys to the Pacific Northwest to teach them humility..."

It did rain during the night sometime and Son Sean says it's been raining in Spokane most of the day today. At least, Jeff's newly planted winter wheat seems to be up far enough that the rain shouldn't crust it over. It's so pretty to see the wisps of green peaking up over the tops of the furrows.

I spent some time today writing up the obituary I gave at my friend Phyllis' Memorial Service for our church newsletter, The Beacon. I had basically used the one the family wrote for the newspapers, but I had adlibed a bit. Bill, the editor, had asked if I would send him my version. I also wrote up a bit about family doings in anticipation of next Tuesday's deadline.

I got an email last evening with the results of yesterday's CT scan. It sounds like my primary care doctor may be able to get a note off to the surgeon giving him the go-ahead for my back surgery. We'd like to get it scheduled and done as soon as possible so that we don't have to remain in this north country when it starts to get cold!

No comments:

Post a Comment