Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Fresh Corn, Avocado Salsa Salad Recipe

4 ears sweet corn
1/2 red onion, diced
2 very firm avocados, diced
1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely diced (wear gloves)
1/2 hot chile pepper, seeded and finely diced
Juice of one lime
Plenty of chopped cilantro
Salt to taste
1 tablespoon vinegar
1 teaspoon sugar (optional)

Slice kernels off of the corn and combine with all the remaining ingredients in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate for a couple of hours before serving.

My notes: I left out the jalapeno pepper since I was not sure that the ladies would like the heat. I used 1/2 of a small (2 1/2 inch) yellow pepper. If you squeeze the lime juice over the avocados right after you dice them, it will help keep their color green.

I drained the salad before I served it. If you are using as a salsa dip, you may want to leave it more juicy.

CREDIT: I found this recipe on the PIONEER WOMAN Blog!

1 comment: