Thursday, August 13, 2009

I Really Like My Kindle DX!

I've decided I really like my Kindle DX. I wasn't sure if I was going to like the transition from a book I could hold in my hand to the elctronic version. When I look at the list of books I've read (which are archived at Amazon so I could read them again), I realize how much space they would have taken up in my already crowded closet in Auntie Violet. I think I've saved quite a bit of money as well -- even paperbacks are a dollar or two cheaper and the hard backs are a whole lot less.

I still wish it was a bit lighter. With the cover it sometimes seems quite heavy. It's more like reading a hard back book in bed. I've never handled one of the regular Kindles (the first ones which are smaller), so I don't know if they weigh any less.

I've had some interesting conversations with friends and with people at airports who are very curious about the Kindles. People seem to be very interested in how it works and if I like it. The one thing that would be nice is back lighting so that I could read at night. My Sis has gotten a book light to use with hers. I think I have an "itty bitty book light" stashed some place in a drawer -- I'll have to look for it.

1 comment:

  1. We ordered a Kindle Friday - we shoul have it Monday :)

    ReplyDelete