Monday, September 21, 2009

Another Trip to Spokane

At least this trip was more successful. My box of #8 Manila Tags was in at Kershaws (and they were open today).

We spent a good share of the afternoon at Les Schwabs getting the rear brakes replaced on the Toad. (The back left rotor was dragging...) Having work done on the vehicles is always a bit traumatic for Forry as he is used to doing this kind of work himself. So there's always lots of muttering about what it costs and how much cheaper it was when he did it. But since he no longer has a shop and since it's a bit harder for him to get down and do physical work, he generally admits he's glad to get it done.

By the time the Toad was finished it was after five, so we picked up Son Sean and went to dinner at Applebees on the South Hill. I should of gotten a picture of Sean -- he had his hair clipped down to the scalp the other day! It's grown out a bit -- there's a little stubble -- and it's quite a change from the shaggy look he's had all summer.

It was after nine when we got back to Auntie Violet and I still have to pack! I have a 5:48 AM flight from Moses Lake (then SeaTac to Denver to Kansas City) tomorrow. I will be in KC through Friday for an All-Boards meeting and will fly home Saturday morning.

1 comment:

  1. I can hear Forry muttering as I read the post :) Have a good and safe trip.

    ReplyDelete